- Please plan to be at our abortion clinic for 3-4 hours on the day of your appointment. It is not necessary to arrive earlier than your appointment time.
- You should dress comfortably and may want to bring socks and a sweater with you.
- You must have a ride home from your appointment.
- We ask that you bring only one person with you since we have limited waiting space.
- If you have small children please make arrangements for their care at home.
Due to confidentiality, we will not confirm any appointments before your abortion.
All patients and those accompanying them to our Center must bring a legal picture ID (Driver’s License, Passport, state issued ID card).
If you are under 18 please call the office for additional instructions. Click here for contact information.
- Please do not have anything to eat or drink for 6 hours prior to your appointment. You can drink water until 2 hours before your appointment.
- Please refrain from using alcohol, recreational drugs, or non-prescription medications for 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- If you take prescription medications, please let us know prior to your appointment so we can advise you how to take them on the day of your appointment.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
Cash, MasterCard or Visa (the cardholder must be present to sign, unless prior arrangements have been made). No checks or money orders will be accepted. Payment in full is due prior to the procedure.
What to Expect Before Your Abortion
- There will be three prescriptions that will need to be filled after the procedure. You may purchase them at our Center, or, if you prefer, you may take the written prescriptions to the pharmacy to have them filled.
- If your blood type is RH negative, you are required to have a Rhogam injection following the procedure. This is to prevent potentially serious problems from occurring with any future pregnancies. There is a nominal fee for the administration of this injection.
- If you would like birth control pills or the NuvaRing after the procedure, they will be provided to you at no additional charge. If you would prefer the birth control injection, we offer Depo Provera for a nominal fee (effective for three months).