Presidential Women’s Center has been providing reproductive health care services for women in West Palm Beach, Florida for over 39 years. We specialize in outpatient abortion services through 24 weeks. We offer our patients both surgical and non-surgical abortions. We also provide GYN services, outpatient sterilizations for women, HIV testing and pregnancy options counseling. We are proud to be a Center with national recognition for our high standard of patient care and excellence. We have worked hard to create a nurturing, caring and helpful environment to support our patients. From our nurses and counselors to our Physicians, we work together to ensure that we provide a respectful experience and help our patients through this experience. We begin with listening to our patient, asking her about her needs, and then working together on a plan to meet those needs. We are committed to giving our patients the same care that we would give our own family and friends. Our patients often share with us that being heard and cared for by our Center is an experience that has empowered them in other aspects of their lives.
WHY ABORTION CARE AND REPRODUCTIVE HEALTHCARE?
Our commitment to our work comes from the knowledge that access to reproductive healthcare can open up so many options for women and is deeply important to women’s equality in every other realm of their lives. Presidential Women’s Center was founded because of the firm belief that the right to safe, accessible abortion care is fundamental to women’s basic human rights and her future. We know that each woman must decide for herself when and if it is the right time to become a parent. We invite you to become engaged in this important movement for equality and justice.
WOMEN HELPING WOMEN
Our motto, “Women Helping Women”, is a value that guides everything we do. Many of our employees have also been patients of our center and approach their work with a deep understanding of the need for personalized care with sensitivity and compassion. In fact many of our staff have been with us for over 20 years! We are proud of our commitment to mentor our staff, who over the years have continued their education, becoming Physicians, Attorneys, Physician’s Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists, as well as earning advanced degrees in Women’s Studies, and Healthcare Management. It has been so inspiring to know that our supportive work environment, along with their dedication to self-empowerment, fostered this growth, personal and professional development.
We are seeking an experienced RN with a proven record of exceptional leadership as well as superior hands-on medical skills. The Nursing Supervisor of Presidential Women’s Center has overall responsibility for the implementation of our medical protocols and patient care, including oversight of the Operating Room, Recovery Room, Laboratory and Ultrasound. The Nursing Supervisor will work closely with staff to maintain and build upon our team approach to patient care. This position is full-time including Saturdays. We offer a competitive salary with benefits depend upon experience and qualifications. We are looking for candidates with outpatient surgical experience, excellent medical skills and prior supervisory experience.
Our dream candidate has a strong commitment to patient care as well as reproductive choice. They will be motivated, caring, and dedicated team player. As our center goes through restructuring, we are in need of an exceptional candidate to lead the provision of our medical services. This person will work alongside our medical director to oversee all phases of the medical services at our Center including the OR, the Recovery Room, and the Lab. The Nursing Supervisor will be a key component of our management team and work with our Founder and the Center Director, to ensure that we provide the highest standards of patient care in a warm and respectful environment.
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
- Develops and implements short-term and long-range strategies to support the nursing staff which reflect the philosophy of care and mission of Presidential Women’s Center.
- Ensures ongoing clinical excellence, maintaining documentation of staff certifications as well as compliance with state regulations and inspections.
- Establishes timelines and training schedules that support state requirements for nursing, abortion provision, as well as medical in-services as necessary.
- Manages resources and supplies to ensure the patient care objectives can be met.
- Actively engages and energizes staff to engage in the values of the organization and promote team cohesion.
- Mentors, trains, coaches, and encourages all staff to promote within the organization and maintain our standard of staff retention.
- Regularly evaluates clinic operations and program components, including patient comments and staff experiences, to measure success at providing exceptional patient care standards.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Ensures efficient operation of the medical center, including oversight of the performance of medical staff, as well as ensuring patient satisfaction and safety, procurement of pharmaceuticals, equipment and supplies.
- Oversees and ensures compliance with regulatory agencies and legal requirements.
- Establishes goals, objectives and evaluation methods for all programs.
- Oversees and ensures compliance with Human Resources policies and procedures for supervising, training, evaluating and developing staff.
- Contributes to a leadership team, that includes the Medical Director, Center Director, Founder, Counseling Director and Operations Director.
- Collaborate with Management Team to support and grow existing patient care programs.
- Establish goals for expanding the Center’s growth, including identifying new opportunities for services and expansion.
- Participate in planning sessions and follow through with next steps to meet identified goals.
DIRECT PATIENT CARE
- Actively engage with patients throughout the workday to include overseeing plan of care for patients preoperatively, intraoperatively and postoperatively.
- Part of the rotating coverage of overnight calls.
- This is a full-time position which includes Saturdays.
- Attends monthly management meetings.
- Advises the meeting on matters related to implementation of services and direct patient care.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Exceptional medical and critical thinking skills
- Licensed RN in the state of Florida
- BLS and ACLS certified
- Minimum of two years of management experience as well as demonstrated success mentoring and training staff
- Excellent manner with patients and great interpersonal skills
- Action-oriented, multi-tasker who is willing to be a team player and excited to be directly involved in patient care
- Committed to supporting a respectful, nonjudgmental and pro-choice workplace
Salary is based on qualifications and experience.
TO APPLY: Call or email Mona S. Reis 561-686-3859 or firstname.lastname@example.org
LPN/MA and Patient Advocate (Bilingual in Spanish preferred)
Make a difference every day! Presidential Women’s Center, Palm Beach County’s leading abortion provider, is looking for a part-time LPN or MA with experience in women’s healthcare to join our team. This role will include providing both nursing care as well as patient advocacy.
About us: For 40 years Presidential Women’s Center has been deeply committed to providing care in a patient-centered environment. As an Independent Abortion Provider, we have the unique ability to create a culture within our Center based on the principles of kindness, support, education and compassion. We recognize that our staff is crucial in our ability to maintain the level of care our patients deserve and expect. We strive to continually meet our patients medical and emotional needs while providing safe, confidential, abortion services. Our services include outpatient abortion services through 24 weeks, both surgical and non-surgical abortions, GYN services, outpatient sterilizations for women, HIV testing and pregnancy options counseling. We provide a safe, supportive environment for our patients and expect that our staff embodies the same values and philosophy as our mission.
The position: This is a minimum three day a week position Tues, Thurs, and Sat with additional hours possible. This role involves being cross trained to work in all medical areas of our Center (recovery room, lab, OR) as well as providing information to and advocate for patients. This position is ideal for someone who has excellent medical skills, and a desire to take on a front office role as well. As a member of our team, you will work with a dedicated staff of medical professionals, administrators and support staff to change people’s lives every day. We offer a competitive benefits package including health and dental insurance, vacation/sick pay, IRA with matching contribution.
Ideal candidate: Candidates must have excellent medical skills to include giving injections, phlebotomy, IVs, physical assessment skills, critical thinking and to taking a thorough medical history in addition to administrative and excellent communication skills. A strong commitment to Reproductive Choice is a must. Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred. Prior experience in women’s healthcare is a plus.
For more information on a career in reproductive healthcare please call our office (561) 686-3859
We are a well-established Women’s Center that provides abortion care. We are recognized by the National Abortion Federation’s award for being an outstanding Center and have a reputation of excellence for over 39 years in Palm Beach County, Florida.
We specialize in outpatient abortion services to 23 weeks. We offer our patients both surgical and non-surgical abortions. We also provide GYN services, outpatient sterilizations for women, HIV testing and pregnancy options counseling.