For women who are looking for a permanent method of birth control, Presidential Women’s Center offers the option of a Tubal Ligation.
- This procedure is an outpatient, laparoscopic cauterization (blocking) of the fallopian tubes that can be done as an outpatient.
- This procedure is 99% effective in causing permanent sterilization, but due to the fact that the uterus and ovaries are left intact cannot be guaranteed 100%.
- Having a tubal ligation does not affect menstruation, nor does it create any changes in the body’s natural hormone levels.
- Having a tubal ligation is a great option for women who are interested in a permanent method of birth control which will relieve them of everyday birth control concerns.
- We have received countless letters of thanks from our patients who have chosen this method of birth control. They are so grateful that they will not have to worry about future pregnancy concerns. Our patients appreciate the personal care and attention we provide everyone.
The tubal ligation process involves a physical evaluation, lab work, a confidential counseling session and the surgical procedure.
This procedure can be scheduled at the patient’s earliest convenience. We make the process simple and easy. Patients find this outpatient process simpler than coordinating a hospital procedure, and are much happier that they are able to recuperate in the privacy of their own homes.
The patient is given an appointment to return in two weeks for follow-up.
Patients can be back to their normal activities within 24 hours, however they should limit lifting and exercise for one week.
Although Presidential Women’s Center is not a participating provider for any insurance companies, patients can submit their paid receipts on their own for reimbursement.
For more information, please call our Center and ask for Ellyn, the Director of Counseling (561) 686-3859 or (800) 273-3047.